Saturday, May 23, 2020

May 23 - Artie Shaw (The Musical Birthday Series, 2nd Annual Cycle)

Artie Shaw (23 May 1910 – 30 December 2004) was an American jazz clarinetist and bandleader.
[For last year's verse on Robert Moog click here.]

















Oh Pshaw!

"I thought that because I was Artie Shaw I could do what I wanted, but all they wanted was 'Begin the Beguine'" --- Artie Shaw in the New York Times, as qtd. by Wikipedia

With Artie Shaw on clarinet
It was good as it could get,
But even when you’re Artie Shaw
There seems to be a showbiz law ---
The paying public has the fits
Unless you play your ancient hits.


(If you enjoy these posts, please help me, and consider sharing.)
[Also, please visit my other blog: Alternate Tales: Great Art Repurposed.]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment