Monday, April 29, 2024

April 29 - Steve Norquist (The Musical Birthday Series, 6th Annual Cycle)

Previous posts for April 29th may be found here: me (2019), me (2020), me (2021), me (2022), and me (2023)

++++++++++++++++++++

 

Steve Norquist (b. 29 April 1954) writes this blog.  He is a musicologist and pianist, and performs obscure, undeservedly forgotten, and just plain odd piano music at his YouTube channel Piano Curiosities with Steve Norquist.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Trio of Limericks at Seventy


(1)

If they said that this blog was a chronicle

Of wisdom, informed and canonical,

They would say it in spite

Of the piffle I write,

Unless they were being ironical.


(2)

When the prudent have said to me, “Steve,

There is more that you ought to achieve

Than limericks or worse”

I say, "Quite the reverse

Is what I have come to believe."


(3)

And so it’s my birthday again,

(It’s the Biblical  three score and ten),

But I still waste the day

In a dubious way

Writing frivolous nonsense, Amen.

 

 

If you enjoy these posts, please help me, and consider sharing.  [Also, please visit my other blog: Alternate Takes: Great Art Repurposed.] 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. You continue to be an awesome writer…such great intellect !!

    ReplyDelete