Wednesday, May 18, 2022

May 18 - Ezio Pinza; Boris Christoff (The Musical Birthday Series, 4th Annual Cycle)

Previous posts for May 18th may be found here: Perry Como (2019), Meredith Willson (2020), and Margot Fonteyn (2021)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Ezio Pinza (18 May 1892 – 9 May 1957) was an Italian operatic bass. 

Boris Christoff (18 May 1914 – 28 June 1993) was a Bulgarian operatic bass. 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Diplomacy


And thus my eager pen begins a

Verse for Christoff and for Pinza --

   Here is my memorandum:

In spite of reasons I could list off

To opt for Pinza or for Christoff,

   We’ll celebrate in tandem.

 

 

 

If you enjoy these posts, please help me, and consider sharing.  [Also, please visit my other blog: Alternate Takes: Great Art Repurposed.] 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment